During the COVID-19 epidemic, Cheshire Residential Homes Trust continue to follow Government and CQC guidance regarding PPE, staff procedure and infection control. All Administration Staff are working from home where possible and we have stopped visitors to the homes since Friday 13th March however, we have iPads to allow contact between residents and their families (please contact the home for further details).
Welcome to Upton Grange…
… once a private country house, now a beautiful residential Home. Set in its own grounds and peaceful gardens, Upton Grange is on the outskirts of Macclesfield on the road to Prestbury. It is very individual and has all the amenities expected of a well-run and well-staffed residential Home.
Click here to see our latest CQC Report
Take a "Virtual Tour" of Upton Grange
Key Features of Upton Grange
Moving into residential care is just like moving into a favourite, homely hotel; being looked after by kind, experienced carers who help to deal with the everyday necessities of life and where independence, dignity and privacy are paramount.
- 24 hour care from attentive staff, more
- 23 en suite rooms, more
- 2 floors, lift and ramps for wheelchair use
- Respite breaks, more
- Day care, more
- Daily cleaning and in-house laundry
- Assisted care bathrooms with ceiling hoists
- 2 Lounges, (one quiet)
- Delightful gardens and summer house
- Sunny courtyard
- Home cooked meals made from fresh local produce, more
- All dietary needs catered for
- Light refreshments always available for residents and their guests
- Easily accessible gardens and walkways
- Hairdressing salon
- Trips, activities and social events, more
- On-site parking, newspapers delivered and regular visits from local GP, Chiropodist and Physiotherapist
- Homely atmosphere
- Spacious rooms with en suite bathrooms – own comfy armchair and bits and bobs
- Independence and dignity always but if ever needed, the carers always close by
- Breakfast in own room if preferred and when ready, can join friends in the lounge for morning coffee
- Activities arranged for those who wish to take part
- Visits from entertainers, choirs and per therapists together with performances by local schoolchildren
- Art afternoons particularly popular, held in the Orangery
- Small library in the ‘quiet’ lounge
- Bright, natural light in the Orangery which looks over the gardens is perfect for entertaining friends and family
- Varied menus, good local food provided by own inventive chef who ensures food is nutritious and tempting even for those with poor appetites
- Lovely walks around the gardens. Opportunities to be involved in gardening or even some light weeding!
- Central courtyard – a sun trap all year round
- Afternoon tea with homemade cakes or biscuits
- Evening snacks or light supper
- Choose an evening film to watch together in lounge or watch TV in comfort of own room
- Discreet care with buzzer system if needed
- Feeling safe, secure and most importantly, cared for
- Regular updates on Facebook for family and friends to see what is going on
A Legacy of Care
The Cheshire Residential Homes Trust's fundamental Legacy of Care dates back to 1947, prompted by a local Cheshire County Councillor who sought to improve the care and assistance available for those over a certain age. A meeting was arranged and a charity was formed to fund Homes "for people who are in need of assistance (priority given to War Damaged people)".
Over 70 years later, the need to care for older members of our community continues. All those involved with the CRH Trust are determined to maintain the honourable work of its founders. Its purpose is as relevant today as it was in the past, if not more so.
“A Legacy of Care is one of the best ways you can continue to contribute to the future lives of others.”
“Throughout the time that our uncle was a resident at Upton Grange, the care and attention given to him could not have been surpassed. The Manager and staff were both caring and attentive to his every need and request.”
“Our mother was very happy at Upton Grange and had nothing but praise for the staff. The Home shows a friendly atmosphere there at all times. May its wonderful work continue for many years to come for the benefit of all the elderly residents who could not be in a better place.”
“For respite care, Upton Grange is a very friendly and homely place but most important of all, I can leave my husband there, knowing I will have no worries about the care and kindness he will receive.”
This website and our brochure can only provide a brief insight into the unique characteristics of Upton Grange. We would encourage visiting the Home and feeling the ambience personally. We suggest you visit as often as you like, chat with the staff, meet other residents, view the rooms and talk over all requirements with the Manager. There’s a guest room (if available) for short stays which provides the opportunity to see just how easy it is to settle in.
Request A Brochure
By giving us your email address and phone number, you give us permission to contact you and arrange for you to receive a brochure and answer any questions you may have.